Friday 3 August 2007

I'm having a supremely bad day.

First of all, I woke up hungover. Unsurprising since I was supping vodka like a Russian last night, but that's never the best way to kick things off.

The main cause of my pissed-off-ness is a letter from my uni department saying that due to the layout of the course, I can't resume my training until January. I was expecting to go back in September - my personal tutor TOLD me I could go back in September - and now they decide to put me back until next year. I am HACKED OFF. What the fuck am I going to do until January? I've got rent to pay starting in September!

I'm going to have to get a job.

I don't like having a job. I am possibly the laziest person you could ever meet - I don't like to get up before 10:30 at the earliest, and there aren't many jobs that let you come in at noon and leave at 3. I really can't understand people who always have to be working and who can't just relax and do nothing - doing nothing is what I do best. My mother is always bugging me to get a job in the university holidays, and can't seem to understand that I have no desire to work - I'll be working until I'm at least 65 (by that stage it'll probably be 70 or even older) so for the time being, if I don't have to work, I won't. Being in a work environment, trying to meet standards and get on with other people, stresses me out like nothing else.

I realise that if you don't work, you don't have money, and that's fine - I don't expect to be handed things on a plate. I'm fine with living on the breadline; a wage doesn't balance out the stress of work, for me (and yes, I am aware that I'm a bit socially retarded). In summary, I am a lazy bitch.

But this time I don't have much of a choice. Bugger.

No comments: