Thursday 30 August 2007

I'm celibate.

Well, it sounds a whole lot better than "nobody's been sniffing around lately".

I haven't been near a man since my birthday, so that'll be 2 months next week. That's nowhere near the longest dry spell I've ever had (18 months, after I broke up with The Ex Who I'm Still Not Over) but I'd been getting it relatively regularly since I went to uni in September, so I'm feeling the loss.

On one hand, I can't wait to get back in the saddle. Save a horse, ride a cowboy and all that business. On the other, I think maybe now would be the perfect time to stop shagging around and start looking for something more serious. I've been a right old slapper, and what did I get for my trouble? Knocked up.

But then, it's very rare that I meet someone whom I actually want to see more of - mostly I'm just in it for the sex. Or perhaps that's what I tell myself as a way of not getting hurt and convincing myself that I'm just using these guys, rather than them using me. Nah, don't think that's true - there's only been one man since September who I really really wanted to see again, and we didn't even properly sleep together (oral doesn't count, right?). If only he hadn't met that girl while he was travelling...gah. Move on, don't dwell.

For the foreseeable future, I think I'll try not opening my legs within five minutes of meeting someone. We'll see how long that lasts.

No comments: