Tuesday 28 August 2007

I don't remember a lot

I don't remember a lot about my night out. I remember meeting my best friend from primary school and telling her I was nervous because it felt like a date. I remember going to the first pub and having a couple of drinks (doubles, obviously). I remember leaving that pub...and then it all goes blank. I wake up in the next pub we went to (apparently), which was a gay bar, and I remember dancing the night away in there. It was a fantastic night. I've got blisters all over my feet from walking miles from bar to bar, which again I don't remember. I've also got tons of photos on my phone of us covered in blue face paint, which I also don't remember.

These blackouts are troublesome. The worst one was when I was about 18, when one of my friends had a new year's eve party which we all went to, and I do remember certain parts of it. Then the next morning I came downstairs and their porch window was all smashed. I asked what the hell had happened, and everyone looked at me like I was mental. Apparently I had been there when the window was smashed (some bloke had fallen through it, so I'm told), and had become mother hen and vacuumed it up. I still, 6 years later, have no memory of this. It's frightening to think you can have conversations with people and interact perfectly normally, and yet have no memory of it whatsoever. My brain is probably completely mashed, and by the time I'm 60 it won't be functioning whatsoever. Oh well.

1 comment:

The pleasant one said...

Hey there.. It's your evil twin. Apperently when I am drinking adn black out, I am an awesome person, which would explain all the friend I have... what I said adn why they love me I don't know... I do know that I haven't slept with them..but that may change as well.