Wednesday 18 April 2007

Drug conundrum.

You know what I don't understand? When I went to university the first time, the legitimate time, when I was 18, I never encountered drugs. I don't know if the circle I was moving in was incredibly pure or what, but I swear to god, no-one offered me so much as a joint.

Flash forward 3 years. I'm back, at a different university admittedly, and everyone's into it. The kids I live with are 19 and 20, and they're much more well-versed in the art of getting wasted than I am. E, MDMA, coke.

I can't help but think it's a generational thing. And I can't help but feel glad that I get to experience both generations.

1 comment:

Irish and Jew said...

Same college?
Where I went drugs were everywhere. But if you wanted to believe that they weren't it was very easy to not notice all the coke sniffing and e-popping that was taking place. However, you'd have to have no sense of smell not to notice all the trees that were being smoked. I could get high just walking through my campus. I think the popularity of different drugs comes in waves. I'm just glad that it is all out of my system now.

~Irish