Tuesday 8 April 2008

Ouchie.

I went away for a few days this past weekend, down to the south coast for a little bit of getaway time. Turns out it was exactly what I needed - sunshine, the beach, a couple of games of mini golf (haven't played for 10 years; I still suck) and the most amazing accommodation I've ever seen. For some reason we got upgraded to the penthouse apartment, and it was unbelievable - right on the quayside, balconies, split-level...and the views just about blew me away. Plus the bath in my bathroom was so big I could practically doggy-paddle in the thing. It was a perfect long weekend, and my head is on a lot straighter now than it was before I went. I'm ready to start taking care of myself again.

So now I'm back in Manchester, and going out tonight for the first time in ages. Can't wait to see everyone, I've missed them all over Easter. We're playing pub golf apparently, which seems to involve dressing up like an idiot and drinking until you can't drink no more. Done and done!

7 comments:

per.pri said...

Sometimes a getaway is just what we need! Sounds great!

Hope you had a fantastic night; you'll have to let us in on all the fun!

;)

norelle said...

Ugh, I can hardly remember the fun - pub golf is LETHAL! What I do remember will be recounted forthwith.

per.pri said...

HAHA! That's how it goes girl!

Must've been a good one then!

;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

So@24 said...

Pub Golf sounds right up my alley!

norelle said...

Seriously, I need to get off my arse and blog about the pub golf asap. There are photos of me doing things that I reeeallly don't remember.

per.pri said...

Brilliant! Cringeworthy photos are hilarious! Just so long as they aren't of you, it's fine. But of others...hehehe!

Got to get myself a night out like that now exams are done for a bit...free time! Woo!

As for getting off your arse...meh, lazy is just so good sometimes!